Monday, April 14, 2014

April 13th devotional by Sarah Young

Words from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young (my thoughts as reading in pink)

When I give you no special guidance (crap like now I feel as if you haven't talked to me about the future in a long time and really feel lost), stay were you are (really I just don't like it here). Concentrate on doing your everyday tasks in awareness of My Presence with you (and that might be where I go wrong. Is it so wrong to want to look ahead and know where we are going? I mean I know that you have me and are keeping me safe but still just a little hint at times might be nice). Thus you invite Me into every aspect of your life (which we both know I suck at doing especially now... I hate when you hand me lessons like this). Through collaborating with Me in all things, you allow My Life to merge with yours (which is after all what I have been praying for isn't it? I mean if I am honest all I have begged from you over the last few years is to use me and send me. Yet here I am bucking at the restraint of not being used. And if I am being honest I look less  and less in your direction when you are not moving in a big way through my life).  This is the secret not only of joyful living but also of victorious living (well crap). I designed you to depend on Me moment by moment (which I don't), recognizing that apart from Me you can do nothing (well double crap I hate when the truth hits so hard).

Be thankful for quiet days (something I definitely need to work on), when nothing special seems to be happening (those always are the days that frustrate me the most). Instead of being bored by the lack of action (ouch), use times of routine to seek My Face (wow that hurts a little. It does make me wonder why I don't seek Him in times of boredom...). Although this is an invisible transaction, it speaks volumes in spiritual realms (double ouch I always forget that and then wonder why my relationship with God isn't stronger?). Moreover, you are richly blessed when you walk trustingly with Me through the routines of your day (I felt blessed when I am obedient and yet I forget that the everyday stuff is also being obedient).

I always hate it when I'm wrong and I especially hate it when a daily devotional hits so close to home. I think the reason I hate it so much is simply b/c it is right. I shared this with you today so that maybe if it hit this close to home for me it might do the same for you. 

A lot of the times in our life we get so wrapped up in the daily routines and feel stuck or worse bored with everything wondering why God doesn't move more in our lives or doesn't talk as much to us. We forget it in these times of boredom and little movement that our eyes should be extra strained on seeking Him. It is during these times that we have been given the great opportunity to rest and learn. To seek first Him and put Him first and in response the joy that we will receive from this simple act of trusting Him will take us further and build our relationship faster then any other act we could ever hope to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment