Monday, January 14, 2013

Generosity


I am in a state of constant awe at the awesomeness of God. How he works just amazes me. Every step of this journey has been completely dependent on family, friends, and strangers to donate and help me out. Every step I’ve taken has been met by loved ones. Each donation that I’ve received has paid for the airplane ticket to Assam, the Visa application process, and shots. The day before each item was needed to be purchased I had the exact amount of money donated from various donors. Through each step of the process whether it was the night before, the hour before the due time, the last minute the exact amount of money has come in.
I am now through with the due dates nothing has a time frame for me other than basic expenses when I am over there. The only thing needed is a plane ticket home and funding when I am overseas to support my basic living cost. My plane ticket home is roughly $1200 dollars and my living expenses will be anywhere from $200 a month to $300 a month. I had a fundraiser the other night with friends and family and I sit in awe at God working yet again. Many of my family and friends are in a tight spot just like me. Many have homes, families and bills to pay. A lot are in school or attempting to chase their own dreams and yet they have done nothing but help me in any way I need. Because of their love and generosity I have been able to make my dream come true and follow my calling from God. Because of God’s perfect timing everything I have raised and done for this trip shows that it is all Him. I have done nothing except tell him that I am ready Lord send me.

And He is He is sending me on this mission. Through this mission and this process of heading over I have learned a great deal. I have learned to trust Him like I have never before. I have learned that a leap of faith can sometimes be the scariest thing a person can do. I’ve learned my own fears and more importantly I have learned where my strengths reside. The most important thing that I have learned is God is in control. He will give you the desires of your heart. I have learned that He surrounds us with people we need for the mission we need to accomplish. Each person I have talked to about this needed to hear about it. Each person that has given me money or donated time to help me with this trip has made each aspect happen. Without them, without the generosity of friends, family and strangers I wouldn’t have been able to experience the faith and trusting of God during this journey.
So thank you! Thank you to all of you who have prayed for me, for my safety, for my journey. Thank you to all who have donated to this journey. Thank you to each and every one of you for your faith, hope and trust that you have put in me and God. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your love and generosity.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment