Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dupattas how I hate thee

An ode to Dupattas...


You are long (too long by anyone with common sense standards)
You get caught in everything particularly rickshaws, autos, bags, doors and under my thigh
You give thy enemies (and sometimes friends JORDANA as well as Tim) a choking weapon to use against thee
You never cover enough to matter
You're required everytime I leave the house
You stain me when it rains (had hot pink hair for 2 days)
You always try to keep me in the auto or rickshaw when clearly its time to get out
You never stay in place (I think its an attention thing)
You hate when I wear anything else including purses or handbags (its you or nothing)
You're never quite heavy enough to help when I'm cold yet never quite light enough when I'm hot
You refuse to block the sun and in fact help it to burn me in weird patterns
You come in every bright color one can image yet none of them suit me
You wrinkle one day and the day I need you to wrinkle you lay flat...

oh dupattas how I hate thee

No comments:

Post a Comment