Monday, May 20, 2013

God's cruel joke...

Many of you have asked if I can get English movies over here. And yes, yes I can sometimes when I am super lucky (which I'm not very often) I can even get new releases like the new Die Hard movie and Argo (both I enjoyed the first mainly b/c it was in English and I'm a Die Hard junkie the second was actually a really good movie). Of course any English movies you get here or see in the theatre have subtitles in English and if you happen to have ADD like me you might find you watch them more than the actual movie. Then at the end of the movie you start wondering just why in the world was I watching the subtitles I speak English for pete's sake. But alas I digress so back on topic.

God's cruel joke --> For the first 2 months I was here the only movies I could find in English were (and I kid you not) The Mummy and Jurassic Park. That was it. Seriously I couldn't find an English movie that would play on my computer other than those 2. Now don't get me wrong both are really good movies in their own right. Both have a great story, good writing, and an excellent plot. But, seriously for 2 months that was it.

Thank God those 2 months have passed I have since then hooked up with other travellers who have a vast collection of English movies old and really old. Then I downloaded ITunes and now I have an unlimited supply of English movies for the small fortune of 12.99 a pop. Needless to say I own none. I just borrow from ex Pats moving through the area. That will teach you that when one is traveling learning to download movies on a pin drive is a useful thing.

2 comments:

  1. Is this a no spoiler zone? j/k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get to see Iron Man 3 and am attempting to see Star Trek 2 LOL so things are improving. ;) And yes let's keep it a spoiler free zone here ;)

      Delete