Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Umbrellas not just a fashion statement


Who would've thought that the last question you ask yourself when leaving in the morning is which umbrella should I take today? Do I take the hot pink one or should I go a little more toned down with the hunter green one with palm trees on it? Yet that is exactly what I find myself asking daily. Cause you know what that question can determine a lot. Okay, okay not all that much, but the point is umbrellas are important in India. They serve a person in numerous ways. First and foremost they protect you from the elements. And no I am not just alluding to monsoon season which has officially landed in the Northeast. Bring on the rain baby I need some rain... with just a little less flooding and mud. If possible but give me the rain any day it keeps the temp to a balmy 86 degrees instead of the normal 95+ so yeah I'm totally a fan of rain. Especially when I have my handy umbrella.

Then again when it is the sweltering 95+ an umbrella can come in handy as well to help block the sun from you. Side note and fun times for trivia... Did you know the sun rises in the East? I did and I am reminded of that every morning at what was 5 to 530 has now started its lovely rising at 4:30am. Yeah you read that right and here's more trivia did you know that when the sun rises that early so does the temps meaning that most mornings I wake up at 4:30 to a balmy 86 degrees in my room with no A/C. Take that Midwesterners take that.

Where was I? Oh yes umbrellas can block the sun making your sweaty walk to work a little less sunburnish. When one is walking without an umbrella one can not help but remember those stupid ants one tried to fry with a magnifying glass until her little heart couldn't take how cruel she was being and began to cry. Cause the poor little ants didn't deserve that and well was fine until they tried to climb on her. But I digress again. So the sun in India would be the sun (duh) and the atmosphere is the magnifying glass and well you guessed correctly I am the bloody ant. And if you happen to be the stupid ant that goes around without an umbrella even for just a moment you quickly realize the sun doesn't have a heart like you did when you were a child.

Also no amount of sunscreen can help you in this situation its almost like you are just daring the sun to see if it will still burn you when you wear it. The only thing that stops that sun from baking you is your handy dandy umbrella and well rain but we've already discussed the rain and the mud that comes with it causing brown spots along the back of your genie pants.

So when you are leaving in the morning the question still remains should I take the purple one, the palm tree one, the green one, or the pink one... I wear pink genie pants when I'm feeling sassy so I guess today shall be the hot pink one cause one can never have enough sass in India.

No comments:

Post a Comment